Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Evidence of a Hearty Lifestyle

Yes, that is snow 1/4 the way up our sliding glass door!

This past weekend we had a doozie of a snow storm.  It was pretty exciting and a whole lot of fun to be stranded in our house for at least 24 hours or more.  All activities were canceled, we could not even make it to church on Sunday morning.  The kids had fun playing in it and Jon has fun cleaning it up.  I had fun watching from the windows while trying to keep the kids entertained, the Christmas Cookies baking, and all the items on the Christmas To Do List in check.  This storm was even a little bit of an eye opener for all of us here in the North! 
The Grill is buried! 

I love the day after a big storm when the sun is out and all the snow is glistening.  However, I do not love the below zero temps.  The past few days the commute to work has been outrageous and Jon and I often ask ourselves WHY DO WE LIVE HERE? !!!  However, I love it.  I love the four seasons and there is always something to look forward too.  Living up here in the North is not for the weak but only for the Hearty! 
This is the view out of the office window at work! 
It is going to be a long winter and by March/April I may be ready to pull my hair out but for now I look forward to a White Christmas.  These past few weekends and being "snowed" in have given me a lot of time to enjoy my family.  Thankfully Jon has been home for all of the storms which makes the snow clean up really easy for me.  There is a lot of snow on the ground and even more on the way but to look at the positive...all the more to ski on, build with, make forts out of, and just plan make the trees and world pretty. 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It has been far too long since I stopped by to check on ya'll. Everyone looks terrific...and your snow makes this Georgia girl's jaw drop!!! It is 18 degrees here and wind on top of that...but nothing on the ground! :-(
Merry Christmas!!!