Saturday, August 03, 2013

RIP Toby June 7, 2000 to August 3, 2013

  
Today is a sad day for The Erickson Five....we had to put our beloved cat Toby down. He was a great companion and will be missed by all of us.  
Toby was Jon and my first baby.  We adopted him one month prior to getting married.  He was such a cute kitten and I will never forget when we went to adopt him how he crawled up Jon's arm and snuggled into his neck.  He was a very sweet kitten that had big feet.  He had extra toes on all of his paws which we thought was so cool.  
Toby has been through a lot with us.  The adoption of his brother Dexter, three moves, triplets, and most recently the addition of Gracie Mae to our family.  Toby did not like any of the changes but he did tolerate them.  He was essentially my cat.  He slept by my head most nights and seemed to be my companion.  These past few months both Jon and I have noticed that he was losing some weight.  Then his ear got bad and when I took him to the vet, they said that he had tumors in his ears.  Dexter also has tumors in his ears but seems to be tolerating them better than Toby ever did.  I know in my heart that Toby is at peace and I look forward to reuniting with him in heaven one day.   The hardest part of owning a pet is a day like today. I continue to remind myself that “'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”
Alfred Lord Tennyson

No comments: