Wednesday, September 01, 2010

End of Summer Family Retreat

This past Monday, Jon and I took the kids to the local amusement park for the 1st time.  Thanks to the H family for the free tickets into the park, we had a fun and not so expensive day together. 
It was a hot day but we managed to stay cool and we even brought our swim suits and did the water park as well.  The kids loved the wave pool and it was amazing to both Jon and I how brave they are in the water now. 

They all loved the Kid Roller Coaster and the Mouse trap ride was a highlight too.  We went to the I-Max theater and watched a show on the corral reefs of the world.  It was very interesting but was really cool to Jon and I was how interested the kids were learning about the Corral Reefs.  It is a good sign that they are extremely ready to start full days of school next week. 


At the end of the day, I took K on the water ride that was right by the exit.  The girls could not go because they were not tall enough but they stood on the bridge of the ride and got soaking wet right along with K and I.  We did the ride a few times because he was so into it.  Needless to say, the kids and myself left the park soaking wet.  What is not to love about that. 

Our retreat to the park on Monday was a nice end of summer treat for all of us.  We laughed and laughed and laughed and it felt good. 

No comments: