Sunday, May 26, 2013

MS Walk 2013

The kids put this together all by themselves and it even made the MS Walk Newsletter!
I am a few weeks behind on this post but I wanted to make sure I put it on the blog.  We had the annual MS Walk on Sunday, May 5th.  This year we did it a little different as we had the kids join us for the walk.  They did AWESOME!  They walked the whole way without one complaint.  I could not be any more proud of them. 
The Boys!

It was a nice day for the walk, a little overcast and slightly chilly but we did not seem to mind.  Considering we have walked in a snow storm before and with the crazy spring weather we have been having this year I would say we lucked out.
Don and I after the Walk!

The Walk In Maniacs team was able to raise over $7000 and I could not be more proud or happy with that number.  I alone turned in $3200 on the day of the walk.  It is so amazing to me the generosity of friends and family to Jon and I in our cause to find that cure. 
My Mom, Jane, and Rachel pulled off a wonderful Cinco De Mayo party after the walk.  It was outstanding and oh so much fun. 
Family and Friends at MS Day at the Twins Game!

Gracie and her friend Gus did the walk with us this year too.  Big thanks to Melissa for making them their own MS Walk Bandanas.  They sure did look great and so much a part of the team. 
Gracie and Gus ready for the walk!

I feel so loved by all my family and friends.  Thank you to all who continue to support Jon and I in our quest for a cure.  There are so many of you that come back year after year after year to help support us and it means so much!  God Bless all of you and know that I have very deep appreciation for your support.  Now for that cure....it's coming and hopefully will be here soon!





No comments: