Thursday, October 18, 2007

Earthworms and Birds Feet

A few weeks ago we headed out to the pumpkin patch with our dear friends the Swanson's. It was a great time had by all and the best news is that we selected our pumpkins for Halloween that we will have the utmost fun decorating next weekend. When we got home from the pumpkin patch we threw some pizzas in the oven and headed out to the patio to hang out. The kids were all playing with their trikes and stuff. All of a sudden Ella came up to me and said "Look what I found Mommy" and then she threw her fist right into my face. It was an earthworm. I was not expecting that so I screamed and jumped. Of course this was not the right reaction to have and everyone was laughing at me.


So the other night when I was checking my email, Ella walked in and said look what daddy just gave me as she shoved a Pheasants Foot into my face. Again, I screamed and jumped and I could hear Daddy laughing all the way from the kitchen. He had just returned from his annual hunting trip and he was cleaning up the birds. I could not believe that he let the kids have some of the feet. I was really grossed out but they LOVED it. Of course, I made them wash their hands a few times when they were done playing with the bird feet!

Now I just need to learn to be cautious when Ella walks in and says something like "Mommy look what I found".

No comments: