Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Swimming Lessons

At the end of the summer I suddenly realized that I had not signed up my kids for any activities. I spent an entire day looking into ECFE classes, Gymnastics, Dance, Sports, etc.. At that time I called the local YMCA to see what they could offer my kids at the age of 3. I was thrilled when I found out that we could start swimming lessons and Jon and I did not have to be in the water with them. We had not started swimming lessons before this time because we needed to have one on one in the water and we did not have that. Today we finished the first session of swimming lessons and it was picture day so I brought the camera. The kids did very well for their first session. We saw the biggest difference in Aimee as she was willing to take the noodle, kick across the pool and come back with out the teacher holding on to her. All three of them came a long way in the first session. They are all getting more comfortable with the water and although they have to repeat the same level I am confident they will be able to move up to the next level by the Holidays.
Their teacher was so sweet today when she came up to me and told me that the class she taught with our kids was her favorite of all her classes. She said she just loved teaching the kids and she really looks forward to seeing them every week. That makes Jon and I feel great.

We are so happy that we have found a great swimming program for our kids. They will be pros by next summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWW that is awesome!!! I don't know if you knew but i'm actually going through training right now to be an instructor at Foss Swim School. It's intense but I LOVE it!!!