Thursday, August 05, 2010

Grateful

I feel compelled to write tonight about my gratefulness for all I have.  It has been a long hard week as I have been sick, so sick that I cannot remember feeling so icky EVER, Jon has been gone, and now KJ is not feeling so great either.  I think I am on the mend and I hope when I awake tomorrow that I feel even better than I did today!  Big Thanks to Jane for taking the kids more than once so I could get some rest and huge thanks for Grandma Mary for rescuing all of us last night when I could hardly get out of bed!  THANK YOU! I am truly grateful for all the help you offer me/us all the time.  I could not survive with out you guys. 

Tonight I heard about a 12 year old boy that was killed this past week while he was playing with his friends.  I do not know the exact details other than what happened was kind of a unusual circumstance and very tragic.  My heart hurts for his parents and family.  When I hear stories like this, it truly makes me shutter as I cannot even imagine what the parents must go through.  It makes me hug my kids a little tighter, kisses them a little more, pray over them and thank God for them over and over again.  My prayers go out to this family as they grieve their loss. 

Today, my Dad sent this to me and again I am struck by this family who lost their son to the war and reminded how lucky I am to live in a "free" country and have healthy kids and a loving husband.  To all the families out there of fallen soldiers my prayers go out to you for the sacrifice your loved one has made for all of us to have our freedom.  God Bless You. 

I am not sure why this all came to may attention today but I believe is a reminder from God to love and hug my kids and be grateful for all the things I have in my life. 

No comments: