Tuesday, October 19, 2010

School House Rocks

Tonight, Jon and I headed over to the kids school for conferences.  They went GREAT!  We are so happy that the kids have adjusted well to their new full schedule and to being at school most of the day.  From what we have been told, they are thriving, leading, and caring students.  It felt great tonight to confirm that we feel we made the right decisions on where to send the kids to school.  I have no doubt that not all schools are created equal.  Last year as we were deciding on which school we would choose, I was amazed at all the choices parents are faced with when deciding where to send their kids to school.  There is always room for doubt as a parent but I can say that Jon and I are pleased with our decision and love to watch our kids learn, make friends, and experience their "new" world of academics! I can only hope and pray that their enthusiasm for school continues for a many years to come.  It is great to watch them succeed at new things.  The other night K read a whole page of his book by himself and the smile across his face when he finished was priceless and one that I, as his mother, will never forget!  SO AWESOME!
 

No comments: