Friday, October 08, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

A week ago, Grandma and Grandpa A took the kids for an overnight.  Grandpa wanted to take the kids down into the woods for a little fun and he cordially invited Grandma along too.

I grew up by these "woods" and fondly remember many adventures spent exploring and hiding out in the woods. It thrills me that my own children get to have the same fun.  There is a steep hill that we nicked named "Dead Mans" when we were growing up.  It is a sledding hill and there is a path next to it that is much less steep called "wimpys"!  The kids had a blast on Friday night running down "Dead mans" and having Grandpa catch them at the end.  Grandma tried to catch a few times but almost ended up head over feet so Grandpa had to do all the catching. 

I have not had the opportunity yet to make it down into the woods this fall season but I hope to do a trip soon.  I am sure it is beautiful and so scenic down there.

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa A for taking AEK on a little adventure.  They cannot wait to do it again. Who knows, I think this year it may be a good idea to introduce the sledding hills in the woods to the kids! Get Ready!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa and I had a great time with the kids so thank you for letting us have them overnight so we could experience so much fun with them.

When the guys go on their next hunting weekend lets take them down there again if the weather permits.

M