Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Fun Has Begun


This past weekend, Jon was out of town so the kids and I along with Grandma Mary decided to have some Halloween Fun.  We headed over to her grocery store for the 3rd annual Halloween party.  The best part about it is that the kids get tons of good stuff and a free pumpkin.  We always have a fun time at this event and it has become tradition for all of us including Grandma Mary to partake.

On Sunday, we headed over to Kristin and Kyle's house for the annual Pumpkin Carving Party.  It is fun to get together with such great friends, eat good food, carve great looking pumpkins, and have some fun.  What I discovered this year is that it is getting easier with the kiddos to get their pumpkins carved.  This year, K even cut out his pumpkins eyes and nose all by himself.  He did a great job.  Oh how grown up they are getting.


Saturday night I headed out to a 40th birthday party for one of our neighbors.  Jon was gone so I had to go solo but boy it was sure fun.  The theme was 80's so we all had to dress up in 80's attire.  We had some great laughs and a good memory making fun.

The last milestone of the weekend was that Grandma Mary and I decided it was time for Gracie to have her first bath.  I was up for a big challenge but much to my surprise, she was awesome and I think she kind of liked it.  She smells much better now and Jon will be so surprised when he hears about it when he arrives home this evening.  We have all missed him these past 7 days and we are all ready for him to be home.  I am sure Gracie will be the most happy about it.  I am the big you know what always telling her "NO"!   


It was a busy but totally awesome weekend!  Big THANKS to Grandma Mary for helping us out while the boys were away.  Love you Mom/Grandma!

No comments: