Friday, October 21, 2011

Time to Catch My Breath

 Holy Cow, life has gotten crazy busy around our household.  Some days it is hard to catch my breath as my head is spinning out of control.  There are a lot of demands that need to be met every day around here and I just had to tighten my seat belt a little more for this crazy ride. 

Fall is always a time for adjustment to a new school year, new work schedules, and of course this year a new addition to the family.  Honestly, I can say that Gracie Mae is sure like a new baby and it some ways even harder.  So far I have lost a coffee table and an ottoman to her tiny but sharp little teeth.  She is growing at a rampant pace and after her last vet visit, they predict she will be about 80 lbs..  She is going to be a big pup. 

I do enjoy her and all the joy she brings to all of us.  It is fun to watch Grandpa Al and Jon with her.  She LOVES them and they LOVE her.  They cannot wait until she can go hunting with them next fall, (Secretly, I cannot wait either...but shhhhh don't tell anyone!)

On top of getting adjusted to a new puppy in our house, the kids have all been having a great time at school but this has been an adjustment as well.  I had not clue that when we decided to put them in three separate classes for 1st grade, how crazy it would be with three sets of homework coming home every night. 

It is hard to keep it all straight but so far, I think Jon and I are doing a good job. E's teacher told me the other night at conferences that she has no idea how we do but Jon and I are really doing a great job with the kids.  It felt good to hear that because on days when my head is spinning from such crazy schedules, it is hard to see the big picture.

I do realize though and often what gets me through all these crazy times is that someday in the not so distant future, I will look back on these crazy days and truly miss them.  Life is going by so fast that it feels like we just went from FF x2 to FF x8.  Every year seems to go by faster than the past year. 

Today the kiddos did not have school so I tool K and A to the Children's Museum and E had a date with Grandma Mary.  We all had a great time and it was fun to slow life down a little and have some fun together.  Looking forward to a couple of fun days ahead just relaxing and hanging out with the kiddos and Gracie Mae. 

No comments: