Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Naitonal Holiday!


Today is what my dad calls the "National Holiday"! It is my birthday! The day started out awesome for me as KJ woke up early and he crawled in bed with me. As I was laying there snuggling with him he said "Mommy, I love you"! How sweet is that.
It has been such a perfect day. I was able to go work out this morning (which I love to start my day that way). Then all five of us headed to a local beach for a picnic lunch, swim, and play time. We all had so much fun. After lunch we took the kids to Grandma's for a nap. Jon and I headed home to get some much needed organization done in our house. It felt so good to get some stuff cleaned up around here. It has really been bugging me. We have a whole van load of stuff we are going to take to the salvation army tomorrow! These kids have taken over the house but Jon and I are fighting hard to get it back under control! I am sure it sounds crazy to most of you that I wanted to spend my day organizing but that is exactly what I requested and it felt great. We made lots of progress in this house with no interruptions. Tonight, I received a gift of a wall hanging that said "We've Surrendered to the children" Both Jon and I laughed so hard as some days that feels so true!
I have to say that this has been one of the best Birthdays I have had in a long time. I cannot tell you how many phone calls and emails I have had today from friends and family wishing me a Happy Birthday! I feel so loved.
Tonight we had dinner at my parents house. As we pulled in the drive way I noticed that the American Flag was out. Jon asked me about it and then we both laughed because we realized that my dad hung it out to signify the "national holiday" that he declares my Birthday. It was pretty funny so Jon took my picture by the flag.
As I was tucking the kids into bed tonight they told me "Thank you mommy for having a Birthday"!
In my book, it does not get much better than that!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy, happy birthday!!! I am so glad it as a great one! (and add to your list of things we have in comon...a day of organizing would make me happy too!)

hi my name is mommy said...

How sweet all of your pictures are. Glad you had a great Birthday!