Monday, July 23, 2007

We went to the Dentist!

Today was our first trip to the dentist. Jon was able to go with me and I was so happy to hear that. We were not sure how these kids would react to the dentist. On the way there they were all telling me what they were going to shoe the dentist like cuts on their knees and hands and stuff. They did not get the fact that the dentist was only going to look at their teeth. They were all pretty excited and each of them said that they were going to be first.
Aimee was the one who actually went first as Ella and KJ were in the bathroom when they called us back! She had such a poker face when the hygienist was explaining what all of her tools were. Aimee was very brave but she did fuss a little but was able to get her teeth all cleaned, flossed, coated with fluoride and checked out by the dentist! She got three stickers and a prize out of the prize bucket. She also got a new toothbrush and her very own picture of herself at her first dentist visit.
Ella was thrilled about being at the dentist until she saw Aimee fussing in the chair. She took one look at that and turned to me and said "I don't wanna be at the Dentist anymore mommy, I wanna go home" She then burst into tears. I knew this was not a good sign but I just kept telling her that it was all okay. Once Aimee got the price out of the price bucket, Ella calmed down a little. It took her a long time to want to get in the chair. I had to hold her for awhile and I knew she was scared to death. However, being the amazing child that she is she battled her fear and got in the chair. She did so good once they started. She had all of her teeth cleaned, flossed, and fluoride put on too. She got a prize, a new toothbrush, and her very own picture too. I was so proud of her.

KJ was thrilled to be at the dentist and he could not wait for his turn in the chair. We had another hygienist that cleaned his teeth in a different room. We went over with him when they started but he really did not even need us. He listened so well and he was able to get his teeth cleaned, flossed, and fluoride put on. He also got a price and a new toothbrush not to mention his very own picture too.


Here they all are standing with their prizes. They were so proud of their clean teeth that they could not wait to show Grandma when we got to her house. Tonight they told me they want to show Grandpa and their clean teeth too. I was not sure how it would all go but once again these kids continue to amaze me at all the awesome things they can do. We are going back in January to see the dentist again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww i think they did better than me at the dentist! I can't stand going to the dentist!!! (I'd much rather go to the doctor!) I love the pics!!! Thank you for sharing!

Malena said...

Soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

wow, so brave!! I know some grown-ups who still don't like the dentist, but your three did a great job!!
very cute pictures!