Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fair and Friendships

I feel out of the loop with my blog lately. We have been doing lots of fun things this week so this is going to be a very random post.
Monday, our play date got cancelled so Jon and I decided to take the kids to the fair. It such a fun afternoon/evening with just the five of us. The kids really had a great time and KJ fell in love with Pronto Pups. He ate it in about 2 minutes and when he was finished he declared "I want more Mommy"!
We took our Cho Cho wagon with us to the fair and I was surprised at the comments and looks we got from people. I guess I should have been prepared for that but since the kids are older now we don't get as much attention. When we were in the barns looking at all the animals, I felt like we were on display. Jon and I just laugh about it. To us Triplets don't seem like that big of a deal but I can understand why other people might take notice.
So the day after the Fair the kids were talking to Grandma about what they saw. It was interesting to hear what they each "soaked" in at the fair. They were fascinated with the mommy pig that just gave birth to little piglets a few days prior. The farmer would hold the pigs up and they would cry. Aimee told Grandma that the pig cried because "he wanted to go eat his mother". I tried to explain to her that they were not eating their mother but I am not sure it clicked.
They also told Grandma that they ate cookies from the crayon bucket. We use the old cookie bucket for our crayons. I thought it was interesting that they noticed that.
Overall it was a fantastic day. I wish I had pictures to share with you but the camera died on my when I tried to take the first picture at the fair so we missed out. Boo hoo!
On Tuesday we were invited over to one of Grandma's Friends houses. Her friends Denny and Joan live on a lake so it was a lot of fun. The kids got to play in the sand and water and then we all went out on a boat ride. We did the same thing last year and Joan was sure surprised at how much these kids have grown up. We were invited back again next year! Yahooo.
The kids have really started to enjoy each other lately. They are so good to each other most of the time. It brings both Jon and I such joy to watch them play together and be best friends. They like to hug each other goodnight and they always look out for one another. I am envious of the bond that they will always share but so happy that they have each other. It is so precious to watch them hold hands not because we told them to but because they want too. They love to snuggle with each other and often times I can find all three of the sitting in one chair while they are reading or watching TV. They are so blessed.

This is a bible verse that I found at Lots of Scotts blog but I liked it so much I wanted to share with all of you.

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm,
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands in not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NIV)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love coming over here and knowing you are totally going through the same things. Our fair is next month. Last year we took our choo choo wagon and I absolutely felt like we wer eon exhibit...but what can you do?