Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary Babe!


My sweet sweet husband and I celebrated 7 years of marriage this past Saturday. It was a perfect day and we were lucky enough to have an overnight babysitter so we could just hang out and spend some time with each other. It is always so nice to reconnect with Jon and we both pledged that we are going to do that more often. I just need to get the older kids in the neighborhood on board to babysit!
When we got married the priest made reference in him homily that when we had been married for 7 years we were going to write him a letter to tell him how a marriage works! We still have to sit down to watch our wedding video so we know exactly what our assignment is but I am excited to sit down and write the letter.

I remember at the time that 7 years seemed like such a long time. Now that it is here I am just amazed at how fast the time has gone. I am also amazed that the road we planned to go down was not the road we traveled at all....not even close. What a great lesson that was to both of us.

So in honor of 7 great years of marriage with my best friend and soul mate: To my babe, I love you for the husband you are to me. For loving me unconditionally, even when I was not all that love able. You have stood by my side and just like the song lyrics said "You were there"! I love you babe! Thank You for loving me back!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I have triplets too(and a son who is 8 and a baby girl in heaven since June). They are all boys who turned 4 in June. Just wanted you to know that I can identify with your crazy life.

Mandy
GA
www.madelinegracehopkins.blogspot.com