Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Grandma's and Nightgowns!

Edited to add these photos from Grandma Carol: Here are my superheros Batman Kendrick and Spiderwoman Ella! Too cute. Check below for a vacuuming Batman!!!


I can't believe it has been over a week since I have updated this blog. Life has been busy like usual but in this past weeks time I have accomplished a lot. We headed up north so I could attend my annual Mothers of Multiples Convention and Grandma and Grandpa Erickson volunteered to watch the kids. One of my good friends (a fellow Triplet Mom) volunteered to ride up with me so I did not have to be alone in the car with the kids for 4 hours. It was such a blessing as she was able to crawl in back and help the kids out whenever they needed something. Grandma Erickson rode back home with me and we just dropped her at the airport tonight so she could go back home.

There have been a few silly things said these past few weeks that I wanted to document and share with all of you.

The kids have been really into doing puzzles so last week when we were running errands, we picked up a couple of puzzles for the kids at Target. When we got home we had to get them opened up right away so they could start working on them. A little while later, KJ came into the kitchen and wanted to let me know that he only had one piece left and asked me to come in the living room. When I walked in there I realized that the puzzle was complete but there must have been an extra piece in the box. I explained that they sent an extra piece and that it did not fit into the puzzle because it was extra. KJ shouts out "Silly Targets, they gave us an extra piece"!

A few weekends ago the kids stayed over night at Sue's house because we had a wedding to go to. Here is what Sue sent to me in an email: After dinner, the kids are usually anxious to take turns with dishrags and brooms to help clean up. However this time Ella as was casually sauntering away, Kristin stopped her and asked if she was going to help clean up. Ella informed her "I am NOT the cleaning lady" and left.

Last night, Aimee put on her nightgown when it was time to get ready for bed. To give all of you a little history, Aimee loves to wear nightgowns (just like Dora's Grandma does) and Ella HATES nightgowns. So Aimee decided to ask Grandma Carol if she wears nightgowns and Grandma responded "yes". Aimee then asked "do you have Dora on your nightgown to, Grandma?" Grandma replied "No" so then Aimee asked "So do you have Grown Ups on your nightgown then Grandma?"

Ella was going to have a sleep over with Grandma Carol last night so when they were getting ready for bed she said "and whatever you do Grandma don't let your nightgown touch me in the night because I don't like nightgowns"!




Here is a quote that Grandma Carol sent over last night:


I forgot to tell you another KJ quote - the second time when he put on the batman costume he was asking where the "wings" were, if his cape was the wings. I told him "no, he didn't have any wings." He then asked "if you push me, will I fly?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too funny Nicole! those kiddos are hilarious...
Ella--- did she hear me saying that way over here in my house? it is a regular rant of mine! that I am not the maid!!!

I'm so happy you are going to Teddy Bear! the location location location can't be beat and your angels will have a wonderful time.