Saturday, September 13, 2008

Football Fools


This past week, a very generous contractor that I work with handed me 4 tickets to the local University football game. We already had plans for Saturday so I thought I would pass the tickets on to my brother or my dad. However, I soon found out that they were all going to be out of town. I then started to think about the football game and how much K would love it. Lately, he has been asking both Jon and me to turn on the TV so he can watch some sports. He is crazy about sports. He would watch anything boxing, golf, swimming, you name it he would love to watch it. So I decided after much thought (sorry S that we canceled on you and G) that I would take K to the football game. Jane said she would have a date with the girls and I recruited one of my very best friends scooter (nickname) and her nephew to come to the game with us.
We had a blast. We got there just in time to see the March Band take the field and then the players all run out. K asked a thousand questions about football and after the 1st quarter when I told him that we were going to get some lunch, he said "no, mom, I am watching the football game"! He did not want to leave his seat. It was great. I especially loved when the Cotton Candy vendor started up our isle and K raised his hand and screamed at the guy "I'll take some Cotton Candy"! I of course then bought him a bag of cotton candy and everyone around us was laughing. I also got him a baseball hat and I think he would have wore that hat to bed if I would have let him.
It was a fun date. I know Scooter really enjoyed it too. It is such a treat to get to spend one on one time with my kids. I know that they really enjoy it too. Big Thanks to Jane for taking the girls and spoiling them rotten today. Also, thanks to Scooter who went with us and helped create the fun memories.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that must have been so much fun for you and KJ!!! I'm curious to see if he'll be a big hockey fan too.. and who he'll cheer for :)

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that KJ is into his sports he will have so much fun with his dad, grandpa and uncle Tony.

Grandma Mary