Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Photo Kind of a Day

Today we did the annual family photo shoot. We met our photographer Brian at a local park and it went great. The weather was nice and we had some great settings. I will not have the photos back for awhile but once I get them I will post a few for all of you to see. It was a lot of fun hanging out together as a family today. Such a nice fall day with the sunny shining and a nice cool breeze to keep us all comfortable in our sweaters and jeans.

Playing at the park after our photo session, I came to the realization that these kids are BIG. They are getting so grown up. I know that people tell me all the time "really enjoy it, they grow up so fast"! I never knew that it would go by this FAST! I sometimes worry that I may not be enjoying it enough. I find myself grasping onto these days and memories that we are all making together. I want to capture it as I know soon this will all be a distant memory. I guess that is just how life goes. Therefore, I want to live every day to it's fullest. I was reading a moms magazine and they had 40 Tips to a Happier and More Fulfilled Life. Here are a few of my favorite:

Always Pray and make time to exercise.

Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.

Try and make at least three people smile each day.

Life isn't fair but it is still good.

Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

Don't take yourself so seriously, no one else does.

Make peace with your past so it doesn't screw up your future.

Ladies - Go on and burn those 'special' scented candles, use the 600 thread count sheets, the good china and wear our fancy lingerie now. Stop waiting for a special occasion. Everyday is special.

Forgive everyone for everything.

What other people think of you is none of your business.

Time heals almost everything. Give time, Time!

Envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need.

The best is yet to come.


Finally....

Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.

**These pictures were taken last week at a play date, they are not from today's photo session.

No comments: