Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wedding Day Fun


If you remember, last summer I posted this about one of my very best friends asking myself and my three kids to be in her wedding. The date was set for July 10th, 2009! It seemed so far off back then but I am happy to announce that she is now a happy married woman to an awesome man! The Erickson Five is thrilled for both of them and the wedding was a blast! The kids did such an awesome job and they loved it. When I asked all three of them at separate times this question:
"What was your favorite party about the day?"

They all three responded the same with
"Everything"!

In fact, K loved it so much he asked Jon,

"When can you marry mommy because I want to go to another wedding?"

So innocent and cute.

It was fun to watch them through all of the events. I had not idea how they would respond to everything as this was the very first wedding they have ever been too let alone been in. The bride asked me if they were excited about the big day and I told her that they were but that they really had no idea what it meant to be in a wedding. K seemed the most curious about the wedding when he asked the bride,

"Why are you getting married?"

In which she responded

"because I love Kyle (Groom) very much".

Awhile later he came back and and asked her,

"How much do you love Kyle"?

Kristin's response to that questions was to out stretch her arms and say I love him this much!

It is very interesting to me how he was trying to figure out the whole wedding sacrament and what it all means. He is such a gentle soul.

The wedding was a blast. We all had so much fun and it was such a beautiful day. So to our dear friends Kristin and Kyle are so good together and I know they will have a long, happy, good marriage. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. May God Bless your life together and know the Erickson Five will always be here for you guys for friendship and love.

No comments: