Monday, August 29, 2011

VDL Vacation 2011

This past week we were lucky enough to spend on vacation at a beautiful lake resort.  We had a fantastic time, great weather, great food, great entertainment, and most of all awesome quality family time.  I never in my life remember needing a vacation more than I needed one last week.  I missed Jon, I missed the kids and I need to unwind with no distractions.  That is exactly what I got.

Grandpa Al and Grandma Mary along with Uncle T also joined us for the fun.  We had lots of game time, laughs, and memory making.  We could not have asked for better weather.  We were on the lake everyday with the Pontoon we rented.  We saw some amazing sunsets and met some incredible people and one special dog.


The kids had fun tubing and skiing (or trying to ski) behind Grandpa Al's new boat.  Jon and I even got in on the tubing action along with Uncle T and Grandma Mary.  A was the only one that got up on water ski's but they all tried.


We were all so thrilled for A that we were jumping up and down.  She felt pretty special about that.  K made two news friends on the trip and he as so excited to meet some boys his own age.




They had great fun playing tether ball, swimming, and even tubing together.  
We are all tan and relaxed before this busy school year takes off and I head back to work tomorrow. 

No comments: