Monday, September 26, 2011

Our Seperate Ways

Yesterday, after we spent the morning at church and then doing our home school lesson for the Kids religious education, we all went our separate ways (well almost).  Jon dropped K and A off at Uncle T's to watch some football, he dropped Gracie off at Grandma and Grandpa's for some extra love and attention and Ella and I wet on our errands and hung out together.  A eventually got sick of watching football so she ended up at Grandma's house too.  It was great for each of the kids to have their own "dates" with family members.  I know K had a great time watching football with Uncle T.  They love to spend time together and play their own game during half time and before and after watching the game.  A had fun with Grandma as she loves to have Grandma Mary all to herself.  As for Ella and I, we really bonded and I am so impressed with what a sweet and polite girl I have.  I bought Ella some new clothes while we were out.  As we left the store and we headed to our next destination, she squeezed my hand and said "Thank you mommy  for buying me those treats"  This warmed my heart so much as it was one of those moments where I knew Jon and I are doing "something right" with our kids.  I think as a parent you just never know but this was an ahh haa moment for me.  We truly had a great afternoon together.  Next up is A's turn to have some mommy time.  I can't wait. 
Just a side note, Jon had to work yesterday so he missed all the fun.  Big thanks to Grandma Mary, Grandpa Al, and Uncle T for helping to make our individual dates happen if it weren't for all of you, we would not get the opportunity for those special dates that are so important.

No comments: