Sunday, September 17, 2006

My Baby A



A was our baby "A" when we were pregnant. She was the first for everything and of course she was born first so that makes her the oldest! Jon named A after my maiden name. Aimee gets her middle name from my great aunt who past away a year before she was born. She was such an incredible person so I felt compelled to use her name for one of my children.
In the beginning Aimee was such a good baby. We called her Angel baby as she hardly ever cried. We sometime felt sorry for her as her brother and sister were always demanding so much more attention but we always felt so blessed to have such an easy baby especially since we had three!






It is hard to believe as A was such a quiet baby, but she is now the leader of the pack! A knows what she wants and stops at nothing to get it. This is a great trait to have but very challenging when you are two and you need to share everything with your triplet brother and sister. The other two really look up to her and they always want to know what A is doing. I am told that A and I are just alike. That might explain why we are already butting heads and she is only two! Naturally, I think she is darn lucky to be just like me. :O)



A is my little snuggler. She loves to sit on your lap and snuggle. I really like these times I get with her. I also notice that this is one of the things I miss most when I am away.
A is also my little mommy. She loves to rock, feed, change, and sing to her babies. She loves to help me when I am changing K or E.



















A is also my little cleaner up'er. She is usually the one who is picking up the toys or the mess that we have created. She loves praise so as long as I tell her what a good girl she is she will continue to clean up as she really likes to feel appreciated. (hmmm, I wonder where she gets that from! ha ha)
Lately, A has been walking around the house singing her own little songs. She has been in an exceptionally great mood these past few weeks. The other day I was in the kitchen cleaning up while they were sitting at the counter eating their breakfast. I sneezed and A shouted out at me "God Bless You, Mommy"! I could not believe my ears. WOW! That is definitely one of my favorite mom moments so far. I was just floored. I asked her what she said and she smiled and giggled. It was pretty cool.



Having A for a daughter is a true joy! I love her with all my might! What a true blessing from God this child is. She is so much like me that I know I have my work cut out for me but I know this little girl is going to go far in life. I am just excited for the journey.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow--Aimee sounds a lot like my Ryland...I natural born leader, but also snuggly and very considerate. I call him my little Boy Scout.
That "Bless You, Mommy" comment is awesome!!!!