Monday, February 26, 2007

Capitol of North Dakota..

Bismarck...this is where E and I spent our weekend! Yes, that is right E had the ultimate alone time with her mommy. A whole weekend. We headed to Bismarck on Friday to visit my good friend Stacey and her little girls. The kids played great together and we had a lot of fun just hanging out and catching up.
I felt guilty taking E as opposed to A or K but the decision had to be made, so I took it from the potty training view point and told them that whoever would try and go potty on the potty chair could go with mommy. A still refused to sit on the potty chair (topic for another blog), K can't sit still long enough, and E would try so she got to go.
We left Friday morning early so I woke E up. At first she was really tired but once I told her that we had to get her dressed so we could go catch our Airplane she was very excited. I was nervous to fly with her but she was such an angel. On Sunday we had some trouble trying to get out of Bismarck due to flights being canceled due to weather. We were lucky enough to get the last two seats on the last flight out of Bismarck last night. Both E and I were homesick and all we wanted to do was get home to see the rest of the family.
It was refreshing for me to get to spend all my time and attention on one of my "Babies". I know E really liked it to. Both Jon and I have noticed today that whoever the kids stayed with were who they preferred to be with today. For instance, tonight after bath E was getting out of the tub and Daddy was going to take her to get her dressed and she said "no mommy do it". K would not let me get his coat on today because he said "no daddy to it".
It was fun to see how the kids reacted to each other when they woke up this morning. Once A saw me she asked right away where E was. I told her she was still sleeping. Once E got up A ran up to her and was trying to give her hugs and kisses as she missed her so much. E was pushing her away. This really surprised me but E might have still been half asleep as she did not get to bed until 11 PM. K was excited to see E today too. E told all of them about her big trip and all that we did. It was cute. A has it all figured out for next time as she told me today that it is her turn next.
I do not have the pictures from the E and Mommy's trip downloaded yet but here are some pictures of K and A at our friend Sue's house because they got to have a sleep over on Saturday night.



No comments: