Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dumbster Diving


I have been crazy busy this week getting all of our old toys and clothes priced for the multiples sale this Saturday. I have already had two triplet moms that have two girls and boy over to buy our clothes. So far I have sold 2/3 of our stuff and I have made $183. I still have two bins of clothes and about 4 boxes of toys, shoes, socks, hats, and tights to sell. It provides me great satisfaction to sell all of our old stuff. I like getting the big check of money and I like seeing the stuff go to other families that can use it.
However, it is a lot of work to get everything priced and ready to sell. All of the clothes have to be on hangers and my problem is that I am always running out of hangers. Yesterday at MOPS we created 63 gift bags for new moms that were in need. There were a few hangers left on the table so I asked if I could have them. One of the moms said that if I was really in need there were some in the garbage can. So I took the lid off the can and began digging. As a result I ended up with a whole bag full of hangers! I was very proud and when I got home I told Jon about my find. He responded to me like this "Great, so we have hit a new low and now you are into dumpster diving"! He laughed the whole way back to his office. I just shook my head. I was thrilled about the hangers!!!
I will let you know the results of the sale once I get them. Last spring I made close to $500! I hope to do about the same this time!

2 comments:

Odom said...

Nicole,

The next time Jon mentions the dumpster diving incident, remind him if you had a husband who got over the whole airplane thing, you could have snazzy new hangers for the kids.

On a more serious note, Bosco and I were hoping you can give Melissa and Haley some tips on picking the best dumpsters.

:-)

Anonymous said...

funny story!! so......how much did ya make lady!?