Monday, March 12, 2007

Transition # 2 Complete

My amazing, resilent, strong, outstanding, beautiful children decided yesterday (after much prompting) that the babies needed their binkers! So Grandma removed the pacifier from their dogs and ducks and asked them which baby they would like them to go to. Ella sent hers to baby Sarah, Aimee sent hers to baby Sandy, and Kendrick sent his to baby Thomas! They put them in an envelope and mailed them to the babies. At nap time yesterday they were over at Grandmas house and they asked Grandma if the mail man had come. Grandma told them that mail man came and the binkers went to the babies. They went down just fine for their nap.
Last night at bed time it did not go as smooth and it took them 2 plus hours to fall asleep but some of that could be contributed to the time change this weekend.
Ella had the hardest time with it but she seems fine today!
The binkers are gone! It is amazing to me how emotional this was for me! My mom had a big conversation with me about how I need to look at this as a good transition for them not a bad one. Once she said that to me it just clicked! I am so proud of my kids for being so brave, not to mention giving! They gave one of their favorite things (binkers) to the babies simply because we told them that the babies needed them!
I am definetly very proud of my kids tonight!

1 comment:

Mom Leo said...

Wow!! Congrats! This is a huge accomplishment! Keep me posted on how it's going. I need to do the same thing! :)