Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008

We had such a nice Thanksgiving this year. The weather was cool but nice enough for some of us to take a long nature walk through the woods. The kids had a blast. We spend the entire day at Grandma M and Grandpa A's house. Aunt Lorretta and Uncle Bern drove up from the south to spend the holiday with us. It was so nice to see them and catch up. We all really enjoyed their company.
Grandma M made an awesome meal as she usually does. We all took turns toasting what we are most thankful for, and the kids enjoyed the special day too.
Lorretta and I actually did a little shopping on Thanksgiving nice and I got such great deals. It was fun because Lorretta helped me with a few craft things and she did an awesome job.
We played lots of cards and talked lots about GG Del and how much we miss her. I know she was there with us in spirit. We had lots of laughs and a few tears, especially when the neighbor showed up with GG Del's favorite Sour Cream Raisin Pie. Such a sweet gesture on her behalf.
Thank you God for my wonderful family, especially for my three beautiful children and my husband who loves me to the core. Thank you for such great health and such a beautiful and peaceful day. So many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments: