Friday, November 07, 2008

White Stuff


This morning, I was blessed with waking up on my own at 7:30 AM and then shortly after that, I was joined by E and she snuggled in next to me. I was so nice to cuddle and talk with her this morning. I LOVE doing that with all my kids. Soon after, K joined us and the three of us watched an episode of Calliou. They really enjoy that show. It was about Christmas this morning and they want to know if we can go Caroling this Holiday season. I think that sounds like a great idea, now I just need to find some people who would like to join us. I love to sing.
Anyway, I got up to fetch myself a cup of joe before I dove into our morning routine. As I came out of the bedroom, I thought it seemed unusually bright in our house. As I rounded the corner into the kitchen my mouth dropped as there was WHITE outside. It had been snowing. I was not prepared for that this morning. It was beautiful outside. Aimee came downstairs when she woke up and I told her to look out the window. When she turned around from the window her eyes were as big as silver dollars. She was so excited about the snow. I told her to go tell K and E so she went to find them squealing with delight. I heard her say "K and E it is snowing outside and it is sticking to the ground". Then all three children were squealing with delight. It was so much fun to see them so excited about the snow.
They even build a snowman (that is now melted) and they made snow angels. I wonder how long it will take for this snow novelty to wear off? Hopefully for all of our sake it will take a long time.

No comments: