Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's That Time of Year


I have enjoyed spending the last few days with the kids. Well when they have not been at school or at play-dates with their friends. We have exactly 6 days of school left and then they will be on summer break and in exactly 13 days my trio is going to be turning 6 years old. I am in constant amazement with how fast time truly goes by with raising kids. Don't get me wrong, some days are long but the years are always short. I have been reflecting back the last few weeks on how far both Jon and I have come with our three miracles. It has been the ride of our life and I know that I take all the good and bad times and smile at where we have been and how much we have accomplished. I miss my little babies but I so love my big kids now.

In a few short months, I will walk my trio to the bus stop and watch them climb on and head to school. I am quite surprised how emotional this thought makes me. Don't get me wrong, I share in their excitement about starting school and taking that next step but I guess it is the letting go. They need school and I know they are going to LOVE it so I am not sure what all this emotion is all about. I think this must be natural for all mothers as they watch their little ones go out into the world. I guess it is like birds pushing their babies out of the nest to fly.

So next week we have Preschool Graduation and it will be fun to celebrate with the kids as we have accomplished another school year. I look forward to the summer and doing some fun stuff with the kids!

Oh what a ride this parenting adventure is!

No comments: