Sunday, November 04, 2007

GOD Shakes Hands

I had a wonderful weekend. It started on Friday night when Jon and I went to a Wine Tasting Charity event for my work. We had a lot of fun tasting different wines and getting to know some of my co-workers. The kids slept over at Grandma's house so it was nice to get a good solid 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Saturday, our friend Sue asked if she could have the kids all day so I spent the day doing some Christmas shopping (a little shopping for me too!) and then I actually got to watch a movie. It was really cute too. The title of the movie was "Because I Said So" and it was showed a mom with her grown daughters. It was a good glimpse into my future with my own girls. I have to say that watching that mom shop with her adult daughters made me smile and it was nice for once to look into the future and see what potential I have with my own girls.
Of course I should have been doing something productive around my house like getting the new toy room all set up or cleaning some stuff up but I NEVER get a few hours to myself now to watch a movie so I opted to spoil myself.

Today, my mom and I took the kids to church. At our church there is no nursery offered to us and the kids are still to young for the Sunday School so we take them with us to mass. They sit in the front pew. This started when they were babies and we just always sat in the front so now they know exactly what pew we sit in. They are also very well behaved in church. We are often told by the people sitting around us that they cannot believe how well behaved the kids are. As a mother I take pride in that but I have a feeling that I just jinxed myself. Anyway, when it was time to give peace, I was focusing on the kids and getting them settled down, I did not notice that the priest was approaching us to give us peace. He said to me "I would like to give some peace to the mother with the well behaved children" It was very sweet. As he walked away, KJ loudly said to me "Mommy, why did God shake your hand"? As you can imagine this made everyone around us laugh. It was pretty cute. Just before this happened, Ella leaned over and whispered "Mommy, where is God"? I whispered back that he was up in the sky. She then pointed to the choir loft and said "Does he live up there"?
After church, we went to the grocery store and then over to IKEA to buy a new rug for our dining room. The old rug had been destroyed by spilled milk and nasty food. Hopefully, this new rug will be easier to clean and see less action from these kids. Jon and I have been slowly working on taking our house back. We moved the furniture back into our living room and it is amazing to us how great that feels. Now we are going to paint and do some other improvements in our house. We are on the road to take back control of our home. It feels GREAT!

It was a wonderful weekend. Now if my Fantasy Football team could just pull out a win tomorrow night that would be AWESOME! We will have to see how the numbers fall.

No comments: