Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nose Necklaces?

I had such a fun day today with the kids. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that we really did not have a set schedule so it was very relaxing. The only thing we had scheduled was to go to swimming lessons. We even stayed after the lessons and swam for an extra 45 minutes and everyone had a great time.
After they woke up from their naps we got all bundled up and we walked up to the school so I could vote. We were surprised at how many people were there to vote. We actually had to wait in line for about 20 minutes so I could place my vote. The kids behaved so well. The man standing behind me in line asked me if they were always so well behaved. I told him that I thought he had just jinxed me but overall they are good kids. Once I placed my vote I gave everyone a "I Voted" sticker for their jackets and we started to head out. Aimee started to cry because she wanted to vote. It was cute and then I had to explain to her that she was not old enough to vote but that she helped me vote today. She seemed to be fine with that answer.
After voting we played at the new park (I just realized it was there this afternoon when we walked up to the school). The kids had a blast but it is very cold here today so we could not stay long as we were all cold.
We walked back home and we had dinner together. It was very nice. After dinner I let all of the kids pick out a piece of candy from their Trick and Treat baskets. Ella selected a candy necklace. I then started to clean up the dishes from the table as I left the kid to eat their candy. A few minutes later I heard Aimee say "Ella why did you put that in there"? Then Ella replied "Cause I wanted to Aimee" . Then they really caught my attention when Aimee said "Ella why did you stick that up your nose"? I immediately ran into the dining room and asked Ella if she stuck something up her nose. She did not really reply to me so I told her to tip her head back so I could take a look. I did not see anything in her nose so I thought it must have fallen out or she really did not stick anything up her nose. I kept asking her what happened and then she started to get upset. Aimee kept saying that Ella stuck candy up her nose. I then told Ella that if she stuck something up her nose we were going to need to go to the ER to have them get it out. At this point she started crying her eyes out and then she told me that her nose hurt really bad. I looked again at her nose and did not see anything in there. Then I told her to blow out of her nose really hard. She did this a few times and then on the third time the candy came flying out of her nose! THANK GOD!
I was panicked that we were going to have to go to the ER to have her nose taken care of. I then warned all of them that we NEVER stick anything up our noses or in our ears. I have no idea what they would have done if the candy would not have come out but it really spooked me and even more it scared the wits right out of Ella.
I would have never thought that my kids could get something stuck up their noses. So please take this as a warning if you have small kids, tell them not to stick anything up their noses or ears!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, Gavin stuck a pea up his nose and kept telling Josh he had a booger up there so he was trying to have Gavin blow his nose. It wasn't until I told Gavin to look up that I discovered the pea. Thankfully I was able to push it out of his nose from the top.

They are creative!

Jennifer said...

How scary! Glad everyting worked out. Happy weekend!