Monday, March 03, 2008

Friendship


On Monday nights we have our Gymnastic class with the our friends the B Triplets. Today it was their Birthday so we were invited out to dinner with them to celebrate. We headed over to Friday's for dinner. It was an amazingly fun night aside from the six trips to the bathroom during the meal.
It was amazing to sit back and watch all of the kids interact with each other. They all picked a buddy and they were telling each other jokes, telling secrets, and talking about their interests. They even helped each other eat. K (mommy to the B Triplets) and I have been hanging out together with our kids since they were about 1 year old. She too has GGB triplets so it is a perfect set up. My kids always enjoy their company and K and I always talk about them being best friends. These are my kids "oldest" friends and here is to many more years of friendships and celebrations together.
Tonight both K and I sat back in amazement to watch our kids interact. I asked her were the time had gone. I remember clearly when her kids turned 2 and she was in disbelief. Time is just flying by.
I had another realization tonight about having three-four year olds. I am really looking forward to this summer and how much fun it is going to be. It has been a long winter and I think we are all ready to be outside in the warm weather and swimming and playing. Every season of every year it just keeps getting "easier" around here. This summer will be no exception to that rule. We already have a camping trip planned and a week of vacation with just the "five" of us. We are all looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I can't wait for summer either! I think it will be the best ever- but i say that about all events as the trio gets older LOL How fun that you have someone close to you that has triplets the same age! I know I love our trips to disneyland with our triplet friends!

Anonymous said...

You and K are so lucky to have each other and the kids also lucky to have friends that are the same as they are.

Keep up the good work about keeping busy and getting together.... yeah summer should be great. Maybe one of these summers we should do golf with the kids.... I know Grandpa Ronnie would agree.

Grandma Mary