Thursday, August 07, 2008

Wii Are Family

After the long month we had with my Grandma and her passing, I told Jon that when we got home and settled, I wanted to get a Wii. I confirmed this when we were visiting Jon's Sister in July and we spent the afternoon playing Wii. It was so fun.
My wish came true last week when we found a Wii and bought it. Then for my Birthday last week, my dear parents gave me Wii Fit. It took me a few days to find the time to get it all set up but now that it is all I can say is "IT IS SOOOOO COOOL"!
The first day I spent 1.5 hours playing with it and I am still sore. Jon just roles his eyes at me but I am sore. That means that it is working. There are interactive games and also Yoga, Strength training exercises along with running paths (Personal Favorite) balance games, skiing, snowboarding, ski jumping, soccer, oh and so much more. It weighs you and calculates what your BMI should be. It is like your own personal electronic trainer.
The first day I set it up, I did so as I could not get to the gym that morning. KJ came down stairs when he woke up and he sat in the chair and just watched as I played balance games, ran, and did some strength training. He then became my coach telling me that I did not do so well or that I should try harder next time. He would also give me the high fives when I did something well. It really is a lot of fun and I enjoy that the kids like it just as much as I do. They are still a little young for a lot of the games but one they really enjoy is the baseball. One morning, KJ hit 6 home runs in a row! He was bouncing off the walls with delight. He is always upset when the computer or his daddy beat him at Baseball but I think it teaches him to not only win but how to lose too.
We all really do enjoy the Wii and the Wii Fit. Jon and I are now playing each other in sports and fooling around with the Wii Fit at night. It sure beats sitting in our recliners watching TV!
(I have lost the cord to my camera but once I find it, I will download some fun pictures.)

No comments: