Monday, August 04, 2008

303

This is the number of posts that I have written. First let me say that I love to BLOG. I know people think I am nuts for doing this but I like to document our daily (sometimes weekly) activities.
So in honor of my 303 post, I thought I would answer this questionnaire.


What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was living with my parents as I had just finished my undergrad degree and I had moved home to take my first corporate job. It paid decent for my first job out of college. My parents were in the middle of a full kitchen, family room, and dining room renovation/addition. We were eating all of our meals in the living room out of a very old microwave. We were doing the dishes in the bathroom sink! It was sure nice of them to start the project right as I moved home!!! Jon and I had been dating for about 9 months and things were going very well. I was also busy helping my friend prepare for her wedding. I was the maid of honor and we had a shower and bachlorette party to celebrate. It was a fun time. I was so far from a wedding and kids. It is hard to remember what life was like.

Favorite Snacks
I love nuts. I am into Almonds and I typically will eat a handful before lunch and/or dinner to help fill my tummy before the big meals. One of my favorite snacks is a cliff bar. I love the taste. I also like to munch on chex mix, baked Cheetos, chips with cheese sauce, and string cheese.
I used to love diet coke on ice but I have given up pop (most days) so now I settle on ice water with a slice of lemon.

To Do List
I have to confess that I write these lists but I am not sure I ever follow them. I seem to like to write the list but then that is where the action stops. I need to get my life more organized as I feel that things are a little hairy right now. I do use a Franklin Covey planner and that has been my life saver to document stuff for both home and the kids. Thank God for Franklin.

Jobs I Have Had:
First job aside from babysitting, was a concession stand "girl". I would sell hot dogs, pop, freeze pops and other stuff at the local pool/park. The next job was a Locker Room attendant at the local pool and I think this was the easiest job I have ever had. I just had to sit in the sun and direct people in the right direction. Once in awhile I had to take some money but it was a simple and boring job. I also worked at a dry cleaners, day care center, bagel shop, payless shoes, men's retail store, interior design firm, and an internship at Cargill. Now I am working in Health care as a Project Manager and I never thought I would be in a job like this.

Bad Habits
Snacking more than I should
Internet/Emailing
Not using sunscreen
Using way to many minutes on my cell phone
Impatience
People Pleasing
Caffeine
Impulse purchasing

5 Random Things People May Not Know

I had a lovey until I was 29 years old.

I am a water snob. If it tastes bad, I will NOT drink it.

I have the same exact feet as my Grandma and my dad. My girls have these feet too. Let's just say they are not are best quality.

I rarely "read" books anymore but I do listen to them on tape.

I am a DVR junkie! LOVE IT!


CDs I would want if stranded on an island:
Jack Johnson, Paul Simon, John Denver, Indigo Girls, Alison Kraus

What I'd Do if I Were a Billionaire:
Buy a bigger home for all of us and then pay someone to move us and get us organized. I would hire a personal chef, trainer, and massage therapist. I would buy my hubby that airplane that he has always wanted. I would take my entire extended family on a trip. I would give money to the MS Society to help those who live with MS and also help find a cure. I would also give money for cancer research so we could find a cure for that nasty disease.

No comments: