Thursday, April 09, 2009

Career Day

When I got home from work the other night the kids all tried on my construction gear! They thought it was so cool. They often ask me about work and what I do. I try to explain that I help to build hospitals but they don't really get that. Just the other day they had a debate about where I go to the bathroom at work. They asked if I go in the port-a-potty and were so surprised when I told that that sometimes I do! At this point in time I am working part time but I love my schedule because it really gives me the best of both worlds. I get to spend a lot of quality time with my kids but I also get to have my own deal at work. I like the people I work with and I truly love what I do. So in my mind I do have it great. I would like to point out that it is not all peaches and cream and my stress level does get high because I am trying to be all things to all people but for the most part I gain so much confidence and feel great with doing the best I can at both worlds! I think it is a great example of hard work and dedication for my kids too. Now when this hospital opens, I will have to take them on a tour of it so they know where I spend my time when I am at "work"!

No comments: