Monday, May 02, 2011

MS Walk 2011

WOW!  What an incredibly AWESOME day we had yesterday for the MS Walk!  The weather was freezing cold with an outside temp of 37 degrees but with a windshield of 22 degrees.  Regardless, my heart was warm and my enthusiasm was high.  Together, Jon and I raised $3600!  We were both so proud of that and I am even more proud of my team that raised over $7000 for MS.  I think we reached a new high this year in fund raising!

I have to give a BIG shout out to my Mom, my friend Jane, and Rachel for helping out so much with the food, driving, and entertaining of all the kids while the adults walked.  What an amazing day it was for and I owe a lot of that to the people who are my support staff for the walk.  Yahoo!  THANK YOU!


Next year, Jon and I have both discussed including the kids in the walk.  It is a long 6.5 mile walk but we will have to get them ready for it.  I would love for them to experience the enthusiasm and excitement of the day with us.  I think they would like it too.

I firmly believe that one of these days, most likely with in my lifetime, there will be a cure for this rotten disease.  Until then, I will continue to fight.  Fight for my health, fight for a cure, fight for funding to help those affected by MS.

For all of those who pledged me, supported me, and walked with me.....THANK YOU!  You have no idea how much it warms my heart and gives me strength.   May God Bless all of you.

No comments: