Friday, May 20, 2011

Soaking Wet

Tonight the kids and I headed over to the Cub Scout picnic in the rain. There was a shelter there so I was lucky enough to stay out of the rain most of the time.  The kids however had a blast running around with all the other kids in the rain. 
The tradition at this final Cub Scout meeting of the year is to do a water gun fight at the end.  All three of my kiddos got into the water fight and they had so much fun.  They were dripping wet and freezing by the time we left the park. When we got home, the girls jumped into the tub and took a long warm bath and K took a shower.
It was a fun night and for as much as I was dreading going, I am sure glad we did.  It was great to see Kendrick get honored for his Lion Cub year of Boy Scouts.  I know the real fun starts next year for him.  What a great organization and such nice people who are involved. 

No comments: