Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Great Grandma Adele (AKA GG DEL)

This past weekend we drove up north 5 hours to visit my Grandma A or the kids Great Grandma A! We really had a fun time with her and she is such an amazing person. This weekend I could not help but think how lucky my kids are to get to know her and spend time with her. I sure hope that they will reach an age to be able to remember her someday. She is 84 and doing great. I swear she has more energy than I do. She remembers EVERYTHING... She just loves the babies. She calls them "our" babies and she is so patient and good with them and too them. When we first got there she told Jon and I to unload all the stuff and she would watch the kids. When we got done with that I went looking for them as she had them all outside. I found them walking down the side walk a block away all holding hands.

We had a great weekend of playing cards and watching the kids play on the big hill in her yard. The kids even got to practice their doctor skills on GG Del. They made sure that she is 100% healthy.























When we arrived at GG Del's I was not sure how the kids would act towards her as it had been a few months since we had seen her. I was thrilled when they ran right up to her and truly remembered her. They were so excited to see her again.
This last picture was right before we left and as you can see A did not want to say goodbye. We will see GG Del again over Thanksgiving and none of us can hardly wait. She is a true blessing and we are all glad she is in our lives.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Such sweet memories!! We are blessed to have 2 great-grandmas in our kids lives, too.
I love the pics!