Monday, October 30, 2006

In Memory of Michael Larson 1965-2006


My blog has been quiet this past week. My cousin Michael unexpectectdly ended up having some significant problems with pnemonia and today he passed on.
This is very hard for me right now as Michael was one of my favorite people. I feel that we had a special bond and he always went out of his way to be so kind to me. When I was a child he lived with us for awhile and he would always take me to the movies and out to eat. He was so good to me all my life.
Michael was a wonderful musician and he played the piano and sang at my wedding. He did such an incredible job. He always took such pride in his music.


















I think I am most sad that I did not get a chance to say goodbye to him. He also never had a chance to meet my kids. I always just figured we would have time later for him to meet the kids. Life gets so busy that pretty soon all this time has gone by and you ask yourself where did it all go. This has been a good lesson to me to live in the moment and to keep in touch with your loved ones as much as possible.







I sent Michael an email a few months ago and attached some pictures of my kids to it. This was our last coorespondence to each other. This was his response to me:

Nicole- the pictures are totally adorable!!!!! Your children look like movie stars already and so intelligent and witty. Thank you so much for sending them to me. I'm so touched to have them. You are so blessed!!!!! I love you!!! Michael

I take comfort knowing that Michael is at peace and I pray that my heart gets a little lighter in days, weeks, months to come.







1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry about your loss...it sounds like a loss to this world. He is certainly in a better place, but I know that you'll miss him here.
May you be comforted by your memories.