Monday, April 02, 2007

Next Up....K ERICKSON


In honor of the Twins having their home opener tonight, I thought I would write about K and his obsession with baseball. He LOVES hitting the balls with a bat. He will use anything as a bat, a doll, a cob of corn (play corn that is), an old paper towel roll, the broom, etc.. He also likes to play catch. He will stand with his hands together and catch the ball. He likes to throw the balls too. On Saturday at the Multiples sale I bought him a leather baseball mitt for $.75 I could not believe what a great deal that was. I think we will need to get him a different glove though because it appears as though he is left handed. He bats left handed and wants to wear the glove on his left hand.
Today we were out in the yard playing and we (Grandma, myself, and Daddy) were giving him some batting practice. I was floored at how he could hit the ball. Now, I have no idea if this is a normal thing for a 2 almost 3 year old boy to do but I was pretty impressed.
He keeps talking about going to the baseball game so Jon and I plan on taking him to a baseball game this spring or summer. It will be a lot of fun!
Of course as his mother I naturally think of him as a professional baseball player and I can already hear them announcing his name: Next up is K ERICKSON!!!! How cool would that be!
In the picture above he is using his sisters doll as a bat! It was a good thing the girls did not notice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW I'm impressed.. but i was one of the most uncoordinated batters in the world so that's part of the reason i'm impressed.. Those are quite the skills he's posessing at a young age! Have you taught him how to skate!!?? I bet he'd be a good puck handler...