Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Update on Potty Training


I thought that I would give everyone an update on how potty training is going in our house. The above picture is one that Jon took. He thought it was pretty funny to teach K to look at the paper while he was going potty. K wants to be just like daddy so he loved it!

So before we started this potty training business a few weeks ago I told Jon that I thought E would do the best, A would be right behind her, and poor K would take awhile to catch on. These kids have proved me wrong once again.

K is the champ when it comes to potty training. In fact, it is safe to say that he is basically trained and he has not had an accident in about a week or more. He will go pee and poop on the potty no problems and every time he gets off he looks into the toilet bowl and yells "it's a big one" . He also calls his poops snakes and I have no idea where he got that one from.

E is doing well with the peeing on the potty but it is the pooping that she struggles with. I guess this is pretty common for kids to have a fear of pooping on the potty. Last night after she went in her pull up she told us that she doesn't want to go on the big potty because the tigers might get her (I am not sure where this comes from). I explained to her that she was safe but I think it is going to take her some time to start pooping on the potty. It is such a struggle and I feel so bad for her because her tummy gets so upset when she doesn't go.

A, well what can I say about my dear A. She does go pee on the potty but she also struggles with the pooping. She will go in the toilet if I get her there in time but she does not tell me when she has to go so I need to catch her in time and run her to the potty.

Overall, I think we are doing great and we are basically trained for the peeing. Now we just need to work on going poop. These kids have pulled through this transition with flying colors! I did enjoy the diapers as it gave us more freedom but I do like not having to buy or change diapers anymore! I have promised them a trip to build a bear once we are good and trained. It will be fun to take them there but I need the girls to get pooping before that happens. I should make up a poop dance maybe that will help them! :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so proud of you!!! Way to go Erickson 5!!!

The Amazing Trips said...

I'm amazed that your boy is leading the charge!!!

I'm equally amazed that he looks so engaged with the business section of the newspaper. He'll LOVE that one day ... perhaps as a wedding gift!

Anonymous said...

Classic photo!! love it!