Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Came, He Delivered, We Survived!

This morning I woke up to Ella right in my face shouting "Santa came mommy we were so good he came"! We then immediately rolled out of bed and headed for the stuffed stockings. It was so much fun to watch them look at all the gifts that Santa brought to them. Kendrick and Aimee tore through their Santa gifts in no time and Ella took her sweet time looking and taking in every little lip balm and necklace that Santa brought. It was really fun to sit back (as much as I could) and take it all in.We had so much fun today with Grandma and Grandpa, Uncle T, and GG Del. We had a long gift opening after breakfast and the kids were thrilled with all their new toys. I think the favorite in the new Trampoline or for the girls it might be the make up bags that Grandma gave them stuffed with lip gloss and make up brushes. They think they are hot little things with all that stuff.This Christmas has been so awesome. The kids were so into it. Last night at Church, Ella was really into the baby Jesus. She could not wait until the service was over so we could get a close up look at Baby Jesus. Also, I was not prepared for the Sermon to include the kids but when they called all the kids up to the front, Grandma marched them all up there. It was fun to hear KJ shout out all the answers to what the Deacon was asking. Then they all got a little gift on an Angel so when KJ came back to sit with us he shouted out "Mommy, look what I got"! This made everyone around us chuckle. It was cute to see how excited they got.I have to say that I was prepared for all of the fun this Holiday Season. The excitement in my children's eyes and the love in their hearts was amazing. What I wasn't prepared for was today when KJ broke down in tears after all the gifts had been opened. This really took me for a loop because I was not expecting any of them to get upset today. However, my Grandma and my mom explained to me that Holidays are hard on kids. They are off their schedule, eating tons of treats, wound up from all the new toys and gifts, and I am sure they just reach their limit. When KJ started crying today, I started to cry right along with him. I knew the feeling so well. All the anticipation was over with the gifts and Santa's visit. The Holidays will soon come to an end and then we face a good 3-4 months of winter. Naturally, as his mother, I just wanted to take the sadness away for him. He quickly snapped out of it, ate some lunch and then took a good 2 hour nap. He has snapped out of it now tonight and I am sure once Daddy gets home tomorrow they will be thrilled to show him all their new toys and treats.
God has blessed us again with another Holiday Season filled with joy. It always amazes me how fast the Holiday Season approaches for us and I am sure that it will do the same in 2008!
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

No comments: