Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Florida Memories Day 4 & 5

This was our last full day of vacation down in Florida. We decided that it would be a great day to take the kids out on the boat and go fishing. We got everything all packed up and loaded the kids up on the boat to leave and then the boat would not start as the battery had died. We then let all the kids get in the pool for awhile so the battery could charge. It was at this time that the guys suggested I take off for the outlet mall again since we had to wait awhile for the battery to charge. I of course had no problem doing this.
I left the kids swimming with the dads and headed to the mall. A little later, Jon called and said they had got the boat started so he wanted to know if I had a problem if they took the kids fishing without me. Since I was hungry and still enjoying my shopping, I told them that it would be fine. However, now I do regret not being there for the big fishing adventure.
The kids had a blast. I don't really know all the details but I will post some pictures. They kept some of their fishes so they could show me when they got back. The fish did not make it though so we had to cook them up for dinner. The kids LOVED it. This in itself was amazing to me.
We did not do to much the night before we left as we had a lot to pack and an early morning. We did one last swim with everyone and it was a blast.
Thursday we got up and got all the kids dressed and fed for our big adventure home. The kids did an awesome job traveling. They listened well and behaved so good on the airplanes. It really makes Jon and I want to schedule our next trip with them. We have our thoughts on going somewhere this fall but we will have to see how that all works out.

No comments: