Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A New Smile!

The surgery went well! I was very impressed with the surgery center and all the staff that helped us out that day. They were so good with K and really put him at ease. The nurse told K that the doctor would use magic to get his tooth out. The doctor put me at ease about the way they would help K fall asleep and I was even there until he fell asleep. It was not all that hard to watch and he was only out for about 5-10 minutes. I was amazed at how fast it all went. K was groggy after the procedure and complained of a tummy ache but we soon realized that he was hungry and it had nothing to do with his tooth removal. It took him about an hour to get back to normal but then it was like nothing had happened. The Dr said that it would be a good two years before his tooth will grow in. He said that was disappointing as far as pictures go but I told him it was just part of the story. I think his new smile is kind of cute. He was very brave and for that I am thankful. Now we don't have to worry about that tooth anymore.
Before
After

No comments: