Thursday, October 01, 2009

To Move or Not To Move?

So as I have mentioned in a previous post, Jon and I have put our house on the market. After much debate for the past two years and a lot of house searching, we finally made an offer on a home that we would love to move into. The offer was accepted but it is a short sale situation so now it will be up to the banks to decide if they will accept our offer and sell us the house. This process can take a long time. I have heard sometimes up to 6 or 7 months to go through. We knew making the offer that it was a long shot and a long process.
In the mean time, the past few weeks Jon, myself, and our moms have been working extremely hard and getting our house on the market. I am proud to say that as of last Friday evening the house has been listed. We have some showings coming up this weekend that we are excited about so we will see how they go.
We really love our house and our neighborhood now. We could not ask for better neighbors and the location is great. However, when we purchased our home back in 2003 we had the intention of having two children so we thought the house would be a perfect size/layout for that. Well God gave us three at once and we could not be happier but the house is getting tight. Sure we could live in it forever and be just fine but now the kids are all asking for their own rooms and more space and Jon and I feel we could use the same so we are taking the next step.
This process has been very stressful on us. I am trying to stay calm and level headed about it all but there have been many sleepless/restless nights in the past two weeks. I have come to the conclusion that this is all out of our control and I just need to have faith in God above. We need the timing on some of these things to work out perfectly. I know in my heart that what is supposed to happen will happen. Jon and I view this as a win win situation. If we can sell our house and make the move that is great. If this deal does not go through we are great too.
My good friend T send me the following bible verses that helped her through some sleepless nights or moments of anxiety.

“Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts, offer up your prayers and requests to God”

Phil. 4:5

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight”.

Proverbs 3:5-6


Thanks T for the strength and love. This is exciting times for the Erickson Five. If anyone knows of someone who is looking for an awesome updated home let us know! For now, I am going to trust in the Lord. God Bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
let me delurk myself (is that the word?) I think I've been reading your blog for quite some time now, I don't even remember how I got here.
I'm a 23 yo college student who is about to graduate, today I got dismissed from my college job because of short fundings. I left out the office not an ounce less happier than when I get in, I was repeating in my mind Prov 3:5-6 and some how I was happy.

I'm sure everything will be alright and things will work out.


"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God"

Paulina Licon
paulinalv@gmail.com