Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"WHY ME"

I am having a why me day...last night A started to throw up around 10:30 and proceeded to throw up 7 more times in the night. She first got sick in her crib and I thought it was from all the chocolate that she had eaten. Then Jon wanted to snuggle with her so he brought her back to bed with us and about midnight she threw up all over Jon and our bed. Then she continued to get sick about every hour. Basically Jon and I got about 3 hours last night. He was supposed to leave on a business trip at 6 am but I begged him to leave later so he could continue to help me out. A must have gotten the stomach flu and I am now just praying that no one else gets it.

So I am having a why me day...I need to get this paper and presentation written for school and I can hardly see straight. I am so tired and I have so much to do. On top of all of that I am so sad about my cousin Michael. This is just one of those days when God is really testing me.

I am trying to stay focused on all the good in my life. Three wonderful children and a husband who is so supportive to me. Also, a mother who takes on my three kids with the upmost bravery and all my wonderful friends who have been there for me through this past week of hardships. Back to homework...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hang in there!!! Just keep focusing on the fact that this is a slice in time. Things will definitely get better.

The Amazing Trips said...

Wow - so much to say here...

1) I am terribly sorry about the loss of your cousin. That is absolutely heart breaking that he has passed at such a young age and from something that in modern times, I've always considered "treatable". This just goes to show that you can't take your health, nor your loved ones for granted. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

2) Gate free: HA!! We had the same type of gate at our house and when we finally took it down, it did feel like we had our house back. But then again, every single toy was scattered in every single room where the children had been unable to enter before. I went from having some degree of order to NO order at all!! But, it's all good. The kids love exploring areas that had been previously off-limits.

3) The picture of you reading with your trio is adorable. Am I the only one to gasp when I saw the open dishwasher behind you?! Our kids would be in that dishwasher and pulling everything out faster than I could say "Cascade!!" It's true, nothing teaches you how to multi-task better than being a mother to triplets!!

4) Yikes - it sounds like you're at the start of the horrible bug we had. Hopefully, it's not the same strain. Our virus lasted for a solid two weeks. The vomiting lasted for 13 days (but for 11 days for the child that was vomiting - we had overlap). The diarrhea is still happening. My only advice is pump fluids!Gatorade, popsicles, applesauce, cheerios, toast, bananas if they'll eat 'em, ice chips and rice are the only things our kids would touch. I also put plastic pads on their cribs and covered our furniture in towels. I kept plastic bowls in EVERY room and an assortment of face cloths. The only thing that made the kids feel any better was being held and watching TV.

GOOD LUCK. This too shall pass. In the meantime, you'll be in my prayers!!