Sunday, December 24, 2006

Guess What I Got For Christmas.....

An Appendicitis!

I was feeling a little funky all last week so I decided I better go to the doctor on Thursday and at that point everything looked normal but he wanted me to come back for a CT Scan on Friday morning. I was not thrilled about the idea as we were trying to get ready to leave town that day and I was supposed to be at work. However, he convinced me to come back so I did. Good thing as my appendix was twice going on three times the size it was supposed to be. They wanted me to get in an ambulance and go straight to the hospital but I told them I would drive myself as I wanted to go get my mom so she could come with me.

Anyway, to make a long story short this has been brewing for awhile and I really haven’t felt that great but I have been so busy with school, work, and kids that I just ignored it. So as much as it stinks that I have to deal with this over the holidays I am grateful that it happened when it did and it was not more serious that it could have been if I had waited any longer.

The good news is that instead of us going to see the family the family has now come to us. I feel fine, a little sore and I am sad that I can’t pick up my kids for awhile but very grateful that everything has worked out fine.

God bless and Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thank goodness it was caught early enough! There is nothing worse then having to be stuck in a hospital while on vacation! Hope you Christmas is VERY merry!

Jennifer said...

Oh, no!! Glad they were able to take care of you quickly and get you home in time for Christmas!!!

The Amazing Trips said...

Oy - my husband and I both had ruptured appendix when we were kids. We both were in the hospital for 4 weeks. I can't imagine having something that horrific happen to either of us, now.

I'm really glad that they caught it fast and that you are feeling better! Appendicitis is extremely scary!!!