Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008

What a delightful day we had yesterday. I felt very blessed and it was so much fun to celebrate being a mom. We started the day with breakfast out and the kids did well until the end. Then they all feel apart at the grocery store after we got done with breakfast. We knew then that they would for sure need a nap. So Grandma Mary offered to have them over at her house so Jon and I could get some stuff done at our house. Thank you to Grandma Mary!!!
Jon and I spent the day getting the kids bed rooms reorganized. The girls both wanted their own bed (they have been sharing a queen) so we decided it was time. Aimee kicked Ella the other night while they were in bed so after that happened we really knew it was time. My only reservation with it was that I had already bought them all new bedding less than a year ago and now we had to go buy all new bedding for all three of them as KJ got the queen bed and the girls now each have a twin bed. Everyone is happy now so that is the good news.

The guys cooked my mom and I a wonderful meal last night. We had such a great time and the kids had fun too. The kids gave me a really cute card that had a rooster on the front of it and the inside said "you rule the roost" and it played chicken dance music. Sooo cute.

Today we were able to have a family day too as Jon has been home with us. We packed up a lunch and went to a park. It is cool here today but the sun is shining so it was fun.

I love being a mom. It is the hardest, most emotional job I have ever had but by far the most rewarding Job on earth. To all the moms out there...God Bless you all and keep up the good work!!!

No comments: