Sunday, May 18, 2008

I have bikers!!!

This past weekend we decided it was time to get the bikes out of the rafters of the garage. I bought the kids bikes last year but then realized they were a little small for them since they did not know how to peddle a trike much less a bike. I got the bikes for a great deal from another triplet mom. She sold them to me for $18 for all three! What a deal.The kids LOVE them. Jon got them all fixed up with air in the tires and training wheels put on. We went down on the street last night and the kids spent about 2 hours riding their bikes around and around. We had a few accidents and the first time KJ fell off his bike both Jon and I were holding our breath until he jumped up and screamed "I no hurt Daddy, I okay" then he proceeded to get back on his bike and start riding it again.It was so much fun to watch the kids go around and around with their new bikes. By the end of the night they were cruising around so fast and every time they would pass me they would have these great big grins on their faces. It truly melted my heart!I stood out there and it was one of those moments that I am sure every mother experiences when you think to yourself...how did we get to this point. They are now bikers! I can still remember just 4 years ago and how uncomfortable I was. How much anticipation both Jon and I had for our babies to arrive. I had no idea at that point in time how much those babies would change our life! WOW, what a ride it has been so far and I am so excited for all the new adventures we still have ahead of us. We are quickly approaching the age of 4 and as I always reminisces at this time of year. I start to think about where we have been and where we are going. I love being Aimee, Ella, and Kendrick's mother, I love sharing this family with my best friend and soul mate, I love how blessed I am with all that God has given me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, thanks for sharing this with everyone, the time is flying by and we need to enjoy every moment. Reading about all the things the kids do reminds me of when you and your brother were that age...

Grandma Mary

The Amazing Trips said...

They are so adorable! I'm really glad that they are enjoying their bicycles. What an awesome deal!! :)