Sunday, May 04, 2008

MS Walk 2008

It was the PERFECT day for the walk. We had so much fun today and the best part about it was that I was able to raise $2555 for the MS Society. The even better part about it was that my team the Walkin Maniacs was able to raise over $5000. I am THRILLED to say the least. We always have so much fun on this day.My parents and my good friend Jane help out with watching kids, driving us to the walk, and feeding all of us after the walk. They go above and beyond to keep all of us walker happy. My team is Awesome too. It means so much to me to have so many of my family and friends get together to raise money to help find a cure to a disease that I suffer from. They do this walk for ME! That feels great.Just tonight as I was typing up an email to all of my contributors, I started to tear up. It feels great to have the support with this cause. I have no doubt that there will be a cure for MS in my lifetime. My doctor told me this the day he diagnosed me. With the money that myself and my team raised, we are that much closer to finding a cure. It is a small step for such a large cause but at least we helped!Next year we have decided it is time to bring the kids on this walk. I am sure they will not walk the whole walk but at least they can come to the park and be apart of the excitement of the day. I am going to bed tonight exhausted from such a busy day but my heart is full and I feel loved...very very loved! Oh and a big thanks to my awesome hubby for taking such awesome action filled pictures today.

No comments: