Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Pretend Play

I just read in a newsletter for parents that when children reach the age of 3 years they begin to use "pretend" play. I have been witness to this for some time now as the kids will always pretend to be going to the mall, school, the park, shopping, or anywhere else they can think of.

They also love to make meals at their little kitchen and they are at the point now where they will ask me what I want to eat and then when I tell them they will say "oh we are out of that" or "we don't have that". It is fun to watch their little minds work and come up with new and different adventures all the time.

Last night, I heard Aimee go into the bathroom (the one that Grandma & Grandpa use when they are visiting) and she was telling Grandma to hurry up because she wanted to go play. I heard her say "Grandma Carol you gotta get out here right now!" I just laughed. The next thing I know we could have lots of pretend friends around here. I will have three real kids and three pretend!

The other night I was cleaning out my closet of some clothes to give to charity and the kids were playing in our shower. They play let's take a shower a lot and I am fine with it as long as the shower is dry. This little game of let's take a shower had gone on for about 5 minutes when I walked into the bathroom to find that they had turned their pretend play into real play. KJ was covered Head to foot with his daddy's Head and Shoulders. This mommy was not very happy to say the least. I happened to have the camera near by so I took a quick picture of the event so we can remember it in years to come. I stripped him down and he took a real shower that night!
KJ is upset because he got in trouble with mommy! He is so sensitive. The girls had some in their hair too but not nearly as much as KJ.

No comments: